Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for women and children
Women often have put others’ health and well-being ahead of their own. We want women to also take care of themselves. We are excited that our eight-story Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children will be the largest capital investment and campus expansion since the beginnings of Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center.
We take particular joy and the utmost care when serving mothers and babies. Approximately 3,000 babies are born each year at Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center. Our perinatal programs are specifically designed to focus on patient safety to ensure our most fragile patients are achieving the best outcomes and the brightest future. Today, Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center is home to the area’s only Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. We care for many babies facing significant health challenges. However, families facing the most critical care situations must leave the community and seek care for their newborn children away from home. This new project provides Lakeland Regional Health with the facility and care resources needed to pursue establishment of a Level III NICU right in our own community.
The Pavilion includes 350,000 square feet of inpatient and outpatient space. It will be a healthcare destination that provides personalized and comprehensive resources for the unique healthcare needs of women and children of our community.
The project, set for completion in 2018, will include:
• Full-service, 33-bed Pediatric Emergency Department with imaging services
• 17 private suites for labor, delivery, recover and high-risk antepartum
• 4 C-section surgery suites
• Polk County’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, with 30 beds
• 32-bed Mother-Baby Unit, designed to allow women and their newborns to room together
• 30-bed Pediatric floor, including 12-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, featuring space for family members who need to stay overnight
• Two additional 32-bed patient care units for antepartum, mother/baby, women’s surgery and medical/surgical patient needs.
• Nemours Children’s Health System Pediatric Specialty Clinics
• Pediatric Surgery Department with 3 pediatric surgery suites, a 10-bed post-anesthesia care unit and a 17-bed pre/post-operative unit.
• Outpatient obstetric clinic, staffed by Board-certified obstetricians and specially trained fetal maternal physicians
• Leading-edge technology for prenatal testing and fetal diagnosis by a team of specialists right here in our community, offering hope for women experiencing problems with pregnancy or childbirth, in consultation with area obstetrician/gynecologists to help ensure healthy outcomes for families.
• State-of-the-art auditorium for community outreach
• On-site cafeteria, intimate chapel area and gift shop
Lakeland Regional Health has joined with the internationally recognized Nemours Children’s Health System to provide expanded pediatric specialty care to the children and adolescents in our community. The affiliation provides for recruitment of pediatric physicians and other care team members for inpatient care at the Pavilion and outpatient specialty care in fields including pediatric surgery, neurology, pulmonology, cardiology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, ophthalmology, orthopedics and urology.